Court of Protection

Where a person does not have the mental capacity to make a Lasting Power of Attorney, an alternative is to make an application to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy.

The court can then confer powers to the Deputy in respect of controlling the Donor’s property and financial affairs or  personal welfare.

What is involved in making an application to be a deputy?

The formal application to the Court of Protection consists of medical assessments of the Donor, reviews of the proposed Deputy and notifying interested parties about the application. If any objections are raised then a full hearing may need to take place.

We can assist with Deputy Applications. For more information about making an application to the Court of Protection, please contact Emma Sayers on 020 7485 8811.

“Osbornes Solicitors always responded promptly to any request for information I had.”

Need some advice?

Fill out the form below






Please leave this field empty.

Visit Osbornes on: