Medical Negligence Claims
Osbornes Medical Negligence Claims Solicitors in London – we are here to help If you have been injured due to a medical accident. You will want help getting your life back on track. That means help from a medical negligence specialist you can trust. One who understands your particular needs and has the skills to deliver the best result. Our job is win your case and to obtain the maximum compensation in the minimum time. But how we go about it will be tailored to you, because it is also about getting the right treatment, rehabilitation and expert evidence at the right time in your recovery. It is about keeping you at the centre of the process without it dominating your life.
We specialise in the higher value and more serious injury cases, but can help with the full range of medical negligence claims: from relatively minor injuries to catastrophic and life changing injuries such as spinal cord damage and brain injury.
Stephanie Prior heads up the Clinical Negligence department. Ben Posford Partner, also specializes in medical negligence claims particularly cauda equina cases and spinal cord injuries. The department specializes in all types of medico-legal claims including:
- Obstetric negligence;
- Birth Injuries to mother
- Birth Injuries to child
- Fatal Medicine claims
- Wrongful births
- Spinal Injury
- Brain Injury
- Erb’s Palsy
- General Practitioner claims
- Fatal Claims
- Requesting and obtaining s second post mortem
- Anaesthetic & surgical negligence claims
- Failure to diagnose/Delay in diagnosis claims
- General Medical Claims
- Nerve Injury Claims
- Nursing Care Claims
- Pressure Sore Claims
- Orthopaedic Claims
- Claims against private doctors/hospitals
Our lawyers are accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). Stephanie Prior is an accredited member of the AvMA Clinical Negligence Legal Panel and a member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel. Ben Posford is the elected Secretary of APIL’s national Damages Special Interest Group.
Our commitment to you:
- Offer you a face-to-face appointment before taking the case on.
- Assess your case at Partner level to make sure you are getting the best advice before we start your claim.
- Advise you at the outset about the prospects of success, the value of the claim and timescale, and confirm that in writing.
- Keep you informed of progress and consult you about all decisions relating to your case.
- If we take your case on, run your claim under a No Win No Fee agreement.
- Ensure that your case worker is available by means of a direct dial telephone number and a personal email address to discuss the case with you.
- Nominate a supervisor for your case worker and tell you who that person is. We will then be able to advise you on whether or not you can make a claim for compensation.